Search Me (My Blog)

Jan 17, 2012

Dating Stats Update

I've been keeping track of my dating experiences, particularly since I started online dating (see here for the first update). Here are the bare numbers... 

Time Elapsed: 9 Months
     Number of Breaks: 3 (inlcuding Chagim time)
     Time Spent "On Break": ~2 Weeks per Break

Opportunities:
Total Opportunity: 75
     Number of Suggestions from Online Dating: 62
          (Number of those I was interested in: 23)
               (Number of which I declined because of long distance: 7)
     Number of Suggestions NOT from Online: 7
     Number of Women I Met/Pursued Myself: 6
Total Pursued: 29

Dates:
Total Number of Dates: 18
     Number of First Dates: 11
          (Number of those through online dating: 7)
     Number of Second Dates: 6
          (Number of those through online dating: 4)
     Number of Third Dates: 1
          (Number of those through online dating: 1)
     Number of Fourth (+) Dates: 0

Who "Made the Choice"?
Number of Times I declined another date: 0
Number of Times the Woman declined: 11 

Cost:
Total Cost: ~$500 (including travel, restaurants, etc.) 
Average Cost Per date:  ~$29.50

Demographics:
60% Women Dated are Sefardi (20% Ashkenazi, 20% Mixed)
About 80% of suggested women are Sefardi and/or Mixed (the other 20% being Ashkenazi)

~~

Qualitatively speaking, I'm appreciating the suggestions I get (the percentage of interest is slightly over a third, including the long distance suggestions); many of them fit very well with what I'm generally looking for. Perhaps that's a flexibility thing, who knows.

While I'd like to have a higher interest-to-date ratio, of the ones I'm interested in I have a decent rate of actually going out on a date. However, most of them thus far haven't really gotten anywhere; none of them have netted more than a third date.

Also, dating can quickly become expensive! While my number is more inflated as a result of a few costly early experiences (like this one), it's not difficult to spend around $30 (or more) for a date, especially since there are only a finite number of times you can conceivably grab a cup of coffee.

Just as a last note, while there's a big list of numbers, I really enjoyed and appreciated each person for who they are and the experiences I had with every single one. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to get to know them better.

4 comments:

  1. You seem to be having success from online dating at least in getting dates. what would you say your experience is so far with dating online / what would you tell all the guys that are still sceptical (Maybe this should be its own post) ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a word -put actual time and effort into your profile!

    I spent more than ten hours crafting mine, from finding pictures that capture my essence (both formal and funny, intense and and laid-back) to being very honest and careful with my answers to questions and finally writing a killer "about me" blurb (which I spent the most time out of everything).

    Then I sent it to a few close female friends and got their honest feedback. After that I edited, and kept sculpting it until (a) it articulately expressed who I am and (b) did so in a way that is highly appealing to women.

    That second part was the key focus of my entire profile, even though I made sure it was coherent with my personality. It's a dating profile, build it to attract women!

    I could do some posting about the process and how I got there, if there's interest...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got off easy! I'm from Europe and every time I go on a date the guy ends up paying 100€ !! I feel bad but there's nothing I can do about it for the first few dates...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great read. Thanks for sharing us these kind of information! :)

    college dating

    ReplyDelete